Wulfie's Wurld

An island of questions in a sea of confusion.

Monday, February 06, 2006

 
Editorial: Sexual Preferences

I'll admit it. I prefer sex. I prefer having sex over just about any other activity, though not to the point of being the sole focus. And, all other things equal, I'll prefer the brainy one over the dumb one, the cheerful one over the grumpy one, and the pretty one over the one structurally challenged.

I cannot glibly say, however, that I prefer women over men.

You see, it's not a preference. It's hard-wired in me. For me, it's women or nothing. I can imagine me imagining having sex with even the dumb, grumpy, and less than attractive women. I cannot imagine having sex with a guy. The thought to me is disgusting and turns my stomach. And you know, the same thing applies to having sex with animals, children, guns, and other inanimate objects. Yuck and double-yuck. That's simply not how my genetic code has been wired.

I'm what you might call "normal," that is, my wiring schematic falls within two standard deviations of the norm.

Not everyone is normal. Some do not fall within those two standard deviations. They are abnormal. But the abnormal, the mutants, the deviants, and so on, are all part of nature. Natural, but not normal.

So how does that affect us normies? It shouldn't, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. If someone is too young to make an informed decision, or too incapacitated, or too ill-informed, the deviants need to keep their hands (or other body parts) off. It's that simple.

In the US, everyone, and that includes deviants, has the right to be treated equally under the law. If they hurt another because of their hard-wiring, we should come down hard upon them. If they do not hurt another, no matter what their wiring, we should not meddle. What goes on between someone and an amorous consenting vacuum cleaner in the privacy of their home is no business of mine. Nor is it the business of yours or the government's.

Now, in case you haven't sussed this out yet, that means that gays and lesbians, as long as their partners are consenting and informed adults, should have every single right and privilege as the rest of us. Why punish them for their hard-wiring and your tummy-turn attitude? Whom do they hurt? If you feel what they do is a sin, wouldn't that be between them and God? If you or your pastor or your dogma don't believe in marrying them, by all means don't. But leave the government out of this.

And if someone is hard-wired to be a child molester, so what? As long as they don't hurt any children, what do we care?

Comments:
It's been over nine months and no one has called me on the use of the word "mutant," which is incorrect. I was hoping I would get at least some response out of it. Besides this one, that is.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   February 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?