Wulfie's Wurld

An island of questions in a sea of confusion.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

 
Question:

Could someone please explain to me why being homosexual is a political issue? Could someone please explain to me why the sex of people who wish to marry is a political issue?

Perhaps, if I was gay, I'd understand it, but I don't.

It seems to me if being gay is genetic, then it could be considered by some a type of handicap. Should we pass laws against people who are born blind or without fingers?

It seems to me that if being gay is a choice, how does that choice affect me? Should we pass laws against people who choose to go skydiving? Both are activities I wouldn't engage in, but that's my preference.

What I see is a religious prejudice against gay people. It seems to me that if it's religious, any issues would be between the gays and God, and again, should have no part in politics. It seems to me like it's a nice gimmick to stir up religious frenzy in the the political process, particularly around election time.

If not, if there is a real relationship between politics and homosexuality, would someone please please please explain it to me?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   February 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?